How to Make Adjustments to Your Personalized Ritual
Your personalized formulas evolve with you.
The best part of a personalized hair care Ritual is that you never have to sacrifice benefits when you get everything you need in one formula. Your personalized Shampoo, Conditioner, and Masque formulas evolve as your hair needs, goals, and lifestyle change over time.
You have total control over your Ritual, including elements like your top hair goals, aroma and aroma strength, as well as optional temporary pigments and intensities. If you haven’t taken your Quiz and personalized your Ritual yet, give it a whirl here.
We’ve mapped out how to make adjustments to your personalized Ritual including all of your formula elements below once you’re ready to place your next order.
Your hair goals.
Your first AURA formulas were created based on your answers to our Quiz. For your formulas going forward, you get to decide what worked for your hair and what didn’t and adjust your formulas accordingly. We’ll help you stay away from anything that might negatively impact your hair as you adjust your goals and the strength of each one, but otherwise, you can pivot your products as needed.
If you feel like you need more of one goal and less of another or simply want to change it up, here’s an example of how you can make these adjustments in your account:
2. Click ‘Edit Formula’ to access our Formula Editor.
3. Remove or change particular goals, and adjust their strengths. In certain cases, goals may conflict and will be grayed out. If that’s the case, consider prioritizing your goals for each of your products. Make sure to ‘Save’ before moving on.
You have the option to choose one of our five memory-transporting aromas. If you’re sensitive to scent, adjust your aroma’s strength to Light or go fragrance free. Here’s how to do it:
- For each product in your account, find ‘Aroma’ and click ‘Edit.’
2. Select your new aroma from the dropdown.
3. Adjust its strength from Light to Very Strong and ‘Save.’
4. Make this change for each individual product in your Ritual for a cohesive aroma experience.
Remember that each product can include the same aroma or you can mix and match. We recommend not to mix too many scents since this may overwhelm your experience.
This is where the magic happens: you have the flexibility to remove, add, or adjust the intensity of each element in your formula. This feature is totally unique to AURA, adding to the level of customization you’re able to experiment with as you go.
Your temporary pigment.
Didn’t choose a pigment in your last order, but ready to incorporate some color this time around? Or maybe you just want to change up your pigment selection. Here’s how to add, remove, or adjust the intensity of your pigments in your account:
- Go to ‘Masque’ or ‘Conditioner’ and select ‘Pigment.’ Choose to either add or remove the pigment from your product. Here’s where you can explore the swatches in our Fantasy and Classic pigment categories. Our neutralizing pigments are also an option to consider for unwanted brassy tones.
2. For Fantasy pigments, make sure to select your desired intensity before hitting ‘Save.’
3. Looking to maintain your selected color over time? Add the same pigment to your Conditioner as well, using the process described above.
You can even change the name that appears on the front of your bottles. This lets you create multiple personalized Rituals for different needs like ‘Festival Hair’ or ‘Summer Potion.’ Anything goes.
Here’s how to do it:
- Select the product you’d like to edit.
2. Find where it says ‘Name’ and click ‘Edit.’
3. In the white box, add the name you’d like on that specific product and save.
The possibilities are endless. As you adjust, let us know what’s working and what’s not. Our Specialists can help as needed. If you’re ever looking for inspo, connect with us on TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook. Your Ritual is your oyster baby.