How to Create a Bath Bouquet for Aromatherapy
Elevate your self care routine with a DIY bath bouquet.
You don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars at a five-star spa to get a luxurious self care treatment—all you need is a bath bouquet to set the tone. By creating a bath bouquet made of fresh herbs, you can bring that fresh spa feeling into your very own bathroom. This simple self-care hack is a fun way to transform your bathroom after a long day into your own relaxing oasis by harnessing the power of aromatherapy during your shower time. Read on to discover our step-by-step guide on how to make a bath bouquet for aromatherapy and get ready to relax.
Our 5 Favorite Herbs for a Bath Bouquet
You can’t make a bath bouquet without selecting the right herbs for your perfect shower experience and individual needs. Some of our favorite herbs include an enriching eucalyptus, a relaxing lavender, or an invigorating mint, all with different benefits. You can craft your personalized bath bouquet with a variety of different herbs depending on what benefits or scent preferences you’re looking for.
- Eucalyptus: The oils from this plant can potentially help relieve chest and nasal congestion with its spicy yet minty aroma. Fresh eucalyptus may also grant some added relief for sore muscles and body aches. Inhaling an aroma of a eucalyptus bundle while in the shower is a great way to awaken the senses and start your day on the right foot.
- Rosemary: This savory herb is commonly associated with stress and anxiety relief along with increasing mental activity with its mood-boosting, herbaceous aroma. Rosemary has also been found to enhance the quality of memory.
- Lavender: If you’re looking for a “zen-ed out” scent, lavender is your girl. Along with its enchanting floral scent, this herb is commonly thought to help improve sleep along with having an overall calming effect on the body and mind. This is a perfect addition to your nighttime shower or bath routine to ease your mind for the night.
- Lemongrass: Perhaps a lesser-known herb, lemongrass elevates your shower experience with properties that have been found to increase overall well-being. From helping to reduce nervous tension and anxiety to relieving stomach issues to even repelling insects with its tart, lemony scent.
- Mint: This herb helps to transform your bathroom into a spa-like getaway with its refreshingly crisp aroma. Studies show that it may help improve your mental state with its mood-boosting properties. This herb’s natural oils may also work as a natural decongestant, a great option to pair with eucalyptus for added benefits.
Step 1: Prepare the materials.
Gather your preferred ensemble of herbs along with scissors, string, or twine.
Step 2: Prune your herbs.
Trim your chosen herbs to a uniform length or however you prefer them. Measure the amount of twine or string needed to later secure your bouquet.
Step 3: Apply pressure to the leaves.
The most important step in this process is to release the natural oils and aromas from your bouquet of herbs with some light pressure. Carefully roll out the herbs with something heavy, like a rolling pin, but be careful not to crush your leaves.
Step 4: Tie the bouquet together.
Secure your selection of herbs at their stems with your natural twine or string. Be careful not to tie too tightly, but secure enough to be hung upside down in the shower.
Step 5: Hang the bouquet in your bathroom.
Finally, hang your beautifully crafted bouquet in your bath. Find a place where the steam of your shower or bath will stimulate the natural aromas and oils for a revitalizing aromatherapy experience without getting too wet. We suggest draping from your shower head or bath faucet.
Extra Tips for Making a Bath Bouquet
Make sure that your herbs are free from toxins.
Buy your herbs from a trustworthy source like an organic store or plant market. You can always ask to confirm your herbs are pesticide-free if you’re not sure.
Experiment with different essential oils.
Add an extra element of self care to your bath bouquet by adding a few drops of your favorite essential oil for added wellness benefits.
Don’t let the bouquet get wet.
Even though you’re hanging your bouquet in your bath or over your shower head, it’s important to keep it dry. The steam of the shower is more than enough to release the divine aroma and health benefits of your herbs.
Make Botanical Dream Your Aroma
For an added touch of aromatherapy, try our all-natural aroma, Botanical Dream. This carefully crafted scent features notes of lavender and mint, derived from real plant extracts, excellent for unwinding after a long day. You can select this aroma in your personalized shampoo, conditioner, masque, and body wash for a complete aromatherapeutic experience.