Latinx Heritage Month Feature: Melina Vega Gives Us the Scoop on How to Live Your Best Life
We chatted with Latina fashion influencer Melina Vega to give us the tea on her affordable, yet luxurious lifestyle.
At AURA, we’re celebrating Latinx Heritage Month with some of our favorite artists and influencers from the Latinx community. To kick off this month-long celebration, we sat down with fashion guru and plant-based foodie, Melina Vega, to get all the juicy details on how she keeps her positive mindset and lives an affordable lifestyle with expensive taste.
- AURA: Hi Melina! Tell us a little bit about who you are and what you do.
Melina: Hola! My name is Melina Vega and I’m a lifestyle content creator. I follow an inexpensive lifestyle with expensive taste.
2. AURA: Why do you think it’s important to celebrate Latinx Heritage Month?
Melina: It is a time to reflect on the importance of our culture and to recognize the achievements and contributions of Latinos.
3. AURA: So we know you love food and fashion. How do you bring those two worlds together?
Melina: By finding the comfort and beauty in both of them. I’m a huge daydreamer and I see life with an artist mindset. I’m grateful to be able to see the beauty in it all.
4. AURA: If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Melina: Back in Michoacán there’s a dish known as a Mixta. It’s a huge quesadilla filled with carne asada and topped with beans, salsa, and so many delicious toppings. It sounds so easy to recreate, but nothing compares to the ones in Michoacán.
5. AURA: Is there anyone who inspired you to get where you are today?
Melina: Yes, my husband. We’ve been married for eleven years, and in that time he has managed to make me blossom into the woman I am today.
6. AURA: What’s the best piece of beauty advice you have ever received?
Melina: Less is more. I bet you’ve heard that one many times before, but it is true. Especially as we age.
7. AURA: What does a day in the life of Melina usually look like? What’s your daily hair care routine?
Melina: I love to romanticize my everyday life. From a grocery run to dinner dates—all of it. I love to set the mood with the right scents, so my hair care routine is a fragrant one. The Moonlit Stroll aroma in my personalized AURA hair care Ritual brings me relaxation. There are moments during my busy day that I will randomly smell my hair and it makes me feel so good.
8. AURA: Is there anything about your beauty routine that is directly inspired by your heritage? If so, can you tell us a little more about it?
Melina: Yes, using what nature offers. It can be as simple as having an Aloe Vera plant for dryness or burns.
9. AURA: What are some of your favorite go-to looks?
Melina: Sleek hair that’s parted in the middle, gold accessories, big eyelashes, and light makeup.
10. AURA: Do you have any beauty products that you can’t live without?
Melina: Eyelashes! I can’t leave the house without them. If I do, I wear sunglasses to hide the fact that I haven’t put them on yet.
11. AURA: How has your hairstyle changed over the years and what makes it your signature look?
Melina: It has changed a lot. I used to keep my hair short and in the past two years I’ve been letting it grow out—it’s finally at the perfect length right now. I had forgotten how much your hairstyle impacts your persona. It makes me feel young and sensual.
12. AURA: What’s your AURA hair care Ritual?
Melina: I chose Moisturize as the top goal for my Shampoo, Conditioner, and Masque—and I can’t forget the Moonlit Stroll aroma! My Ritual gives me a spa-like experience at home.
13. AURA: At AURA we believe that hair is powerful and personalized beauty can lead you toward endless possibilities. What makes you believe in endless possibilities?
Melina: Tomorrow, you can have it all perfectly planned out, but there’s also an endless number of things that can change at any time.
14. AURA: Is there anything else you would like to share today?
Melina: The little things have huge impacts. Maximize your existence by focusing on the little joys of life. If you add them all up, there’s more than you think.
Such inspiring words straight from Melina Vega herself! If you want to learn more about Melina and how she blends her culture into her dreamy lifestyle, make sure to follow her on Instagram, @itsmelinavega.
Stay tuned for more Latinx Heritage Month features on @aurahaircare as we continue to celebrate our vibrant and diverse community.